Untitled

There's no other witnesses, just us two.
The man had slipped seemingly out of space...no sign of him remained. It was as if some unseen creature swallowed him whole. Lily clutched my hand as we watched. He had knocked on the door then just disappeared.  My mother said that there were some people like him left, but not enough to be afraid of. Lily, of course, was too young to understand, after all she was only five. She shivered in my grasp, her small hand in mine. I almost laughed at her innocence and incomplete knowledge of the real world. In the real world, you might say, pewople do not dissapear out of thin air. Well I'm sorry to break it to you, but you are sorrowfully mistaken. In the real world there are people who teleport, time travel, read minds and so many other unspoken gifts.  For all you know your best friend could have any one of those gifts.  But this occurance, this was different. Usually when teleportation happens, you can see a swirl of air and the dissolvement of the person's body.  No with this, he just evaporated out of the air. I was forced to believe some unseen presence provoked this circumstance, and I personally do not want me or Lily involved but like usual things 

No comments:

Post a Comment