"The Red Room" by Alicia Judd


I've been trapped in here for days now.  Mom says I need to cool my hot-headedness.  So she brought me here.  The red room.  Doesn't she know I hate red?  All the food is red.  Apples, cherries, strawberries.  Even strawberry lemonade.  The bed.  Red.  Even the windows are tinted red.  The extra clothes I was given are red.  Even as I think about it, I can feel the anger bubbling up inside of me.  I threw my red apple at the red window.  I was about to run, when I heard the glass shattering.  An idea popped up in my head.  I knew it was risky, but I went with it.  I used another apple to get rid of any remaining glass.  It looked like a pin cushion.  Carefully, I hauled myself out the window.  Just then, there was a knock on the red door.  I froze, then dropped out of sight.  I realized all my anger had been spent.  I glanced at a busy road and wondered how I would get home.  As it turns out, my mom was coming to get me.  I hopped into the white car.  Thank goodness that was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment