"Untitled" by Haley Ryan

From the HubbleSite Picture Gallery

When I wake up, I am momentarily confused.  I'm not in my bedroom and when I look out the window, all I saw were stars.  Then I remember the events of the night before.  How I had been attacked and my attackers had just dissolved, how Will had told me it was my powers that caused it and that he was part of the new republic come to take me back to my planet so I could save the universe.  "Why did I agree to this?" I ask the ceiling.  "I can't control my powers, let alone save the whole universe."  I realize it won't do me any good to wallow in self pity, so I get out of bed and look in my closet.  I am surprised by all of the fancy gowns I see.  There's not one t-shirt or pair of pants, just dresses.  I look around the room and see a panel on the wall with a lot of buttons.  One of them is labeled "wardrobe."  I think, "Wow, really?  A spaceship with a wardrobe button?  Oh well, anything's better than these dresses."  So I press the button and order a pair of pants, a shirt and some boots.  When they arrive, I put them on and they fit perfectly.  A voice announces that we will be arriving at the new republic in three hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment